Friday, June 20, 2008

Kum Ba Yah

We are going camping this weekend. I am psyched. I really wanted to go last weekend, but I'm glad we didn't because it took me literally ALL WEEK to get ready for this little getaway. Do you know how much FOOD and STUFF it takes to go camping with 6 people (Skylar isn't going. Brat.)? Here's a list, but it probably isn't exhaustive. Oh, and you'll see that I don't believe in starving while we're out enjoying nature!

3 pounds of hamburger meat
2 packages of hamburger buns
1 package of cheese slices
3 pounds of brick cheese
2 pounds of baby carrots
1 stalk of celery
1 pound of butter
1 loaf of homemade bread
3 loaves of Iron Kids Bread
3 pounds of lunch meat
1 package of turkey bologna
12 individual cups of applesauce
8 individual cups of fruit
1 LARGE watermelon
1 case of water
2 packages of hot dogs
2 packages of hot dog buns
4 bags of chips
2 packages of Twizzlers
1 jar of pickles
Mustard
Mayonnaise
Ketchup
1.5 dozen eggs
1 pound of bacon
5 pounds of potatoes
An assortment of granola bars and chewy fruit snacks
GORP
1 gallon of milk
Peanut butter (for those who won't eat lunchmeat)

Wow. I don't think I'll go into the *stuff* we have to take to accommodate all of us. Let's just say we have to take 2 cars. Maybe next time we should just camp in our backyard.

Anyway, I don't have anything scheduled to pop up here while we're gone, so you'll just have to miss me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy crap, Becki! That's a lot of food for what? Two days??!!! I want to camp with YOU!! Miss seeing you--we should get together soon!

--alicia