Friday, June 20, 2008

Freedom

I am involved in an online forum dedicated to moms in my area. I love this group of women even though we don't always agree. I appreciate the differing opinions and the thoughtful discussions that result. We have Republicans and Democrats; conservatives and liberals; Christians, atheists, and Buddhists; gay, straight and bi-sexual. It's a great mix of women that provides a great way to hear and be heard.

There are a few women on the board who have made it their mission, though, to try to make us all better people. They are the ones who tell people they are mean, or rude or intolerant to hold certain opinions. I know they are not believers and I am not holding them to a standard of righteousness. I just think it's funny how the ones who are accusing the Christians of being judgmental are doing the most judging themselves.

As a Christian, I'm happy to be free of that kind of responsibility. I don't want to be the one telling people they're wrong or right. That is a job solely for God's competant hands. I cannot imagine being the one who feels like it's her job to go around making people better humans. Whew! What a job that would be.

As a Christian, the only person I have to worry about is myself. And let me tell you, that is a big job.

No comments: