Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hey all. Well this is my third attempt at keeping a blog. I change hosts, names and purposes. Maybe this time will be my last! I think I've finally figured it all out. If I have one specific purpose for blogging, such as my kids or geocaching, I'm going to run out of things to say. Or at the very least, it will become boring quickly.

This time, Where I Belong will be multi-faceted. I know. It's revolutionary! Who would have ever thought of blogging about more than one idea? The title of the blog is a tribute to a Chris Rice song, "Belong". I'll post the lyrics below. However, the meaning of the song is only a small part of my purpose for blogging.

I am 37 1/2 years old. I still feel as if I have not "arrived" at the place God has planned for me. This blog will be about me discovering where I belong spiritually, intellectually, as a mother, as a wife, and as an individual. This will include spiritual ideas, educational pursuits, and ways I relate to my children, my husband and my mother. Also, since I am well on the path to losing at least 75 pounds, I will probably include some pictures and anecdotes from that journey.

I warn you: it won't be pretty. Any of it. I hope you'll stick around. Leave a comment occasionally if you'd like. I'd love to hear from you.
Belong
Chris Rice
Fading memories ignored
I crawl across the forest floor
Pool reflects an orphan child
Dirty, lost, alone and wild
Fatherless and nameless still
Fallen heart and broken
Will there ever be a place where I belong

I cower ‘neath the monster trees
And try to stand on tired feet
But gravity knocks me to the ground
Where I give up, and tears roll down
I claw the dust and beg the end
Curse the day that I began
To hope there’d be a place where I belong

I hear a sound I recognize
You lift my chin and seek my eyes
Song of love You sing to me
I ache to sing it back to Thee
"Father Love prepares a place
Brother Jesus leads the way
Follow to the place where you belong!"

How did I miss this wondrous song?
The forest sang it all along
"River rinses all your shame
Father offers you His name
Father Love prepares a home
Brother Jesus leads you on
Follow to the place where you belong!"
"Father Love prepares a place
Brother Jesus leads the way
Follow to the place where you belong
Follow to the place where you belong!"

1 comment:

karen said...

Hey Becki! Do you wanna exchange blog links? Ours is: http://hubernews.blogspot.com.

Keep up the blogging, seriously! My writing mentor in college said that if you want to write, the best thing is just to everyday write. Just write. Doesn't matter if it's deep or if it changes someone's life (or if it changes you), just write. That's what I try to do, even if it turns out to be nonsense (more often than not!).